Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chelsey Mahoney's Vacation


                                      Getting Away


Getting away to the Lonely Plant where the green grass will run for miles and miles. It’s a beautiful get away where you get to enjoy the Irish culture, and appreciation of their country. Dublin Ireland, is where I would want to go on vacation for 2 weeks. Cute pubs, folk music, legal drinking age 18, pretty inspiring views and men with accents what could be better. Flights aren’t cheap to get to the Dublin Airport from Logan Airport, which is where I’m from, Boston. For a plane ticket there and back is $1,121.39, but the flight is one stop, and it’s overnight so you don’t lose a whole a day. Also you get a deal on your hotel if you buy your plane tickets from www.cheapticket.com , you get 15% of your hotel stay.  I want to stay at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel which would be $264 a night if I chose a King size bed which I would want to do. The Shelbourne Hotel isn’t cheap by any means, but it’s in the heart of Dublin city where right outside is the famous Grafton Street Shopping area. The Hotel is a historical hotel, and is well known all around the world. To go along with the hotel is it comes with breakfast, a pool, nice fitness center, and quality food. Some popular entertainment right in Dublin city is the Temple Bar, Dublin Castle, Henry Street,etc. I think this vacation to Dublin Ireland would be relaxing, and different. It would allow you to see a different culture, and be a part of that culture for 11 days. I really want to study aboard in Dublin, maybe at Trinity College which is right in the city. One of my favorite bands is from Dublin Ireland, the Script. In their lyrics they say a lot about Dublin, and it really makes you want to see it for yourself. The pubs seem so fun there, they have people always singing, and I would love that. One of my favorite sports is soccer, and soccer is very big in Ireland they have a popular team called the Shamrock Rovers who play in the city of Dublin. This could be another entertaining thing to do if you are a sports fan like I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I love reading this week’s blog! I was actually thinking about studying abroad in Ireland as well! I didn’t know exactly where I wanted to stay but after reading your blog I am really interested in Dublin Ireland it seems like a lot of fun. Are you definitely going to study abroad? I think it would be a lot of fun to go to a totally different place and see how people live. I always wanted to go to Ireland, I think it would be a lot of fun. I really like the things you have planned for your trip. If you actually get to go, I think you’ll have a lot of fun! Have you ever been out of the country? I like to hear where other people have traveled; I would like to one day travel the world.

    Jessica Dobbins

    ReplyDelete