Friday, November 23, 2012

France, the Provence 

The provence in France is one of the most relaxing vacations places you can spent your vacation. My parents and me when to the provence 3 times back to back every summer. The houses we stayed at were always located in the country side, right out of town. There was nothing else than landscape what meant no sound of cars passing along the house, no neighbors that were yelling at their kids, etc.., all i heard was complete silence. The best thing about it was waking up in the morning and hearing the wind blow through the grass and trees,  a group of crickets making noise. if that doest sound good yet, every morning we would have the biggest breakfast with the best bread I've ever had. Even I am not a big fan of the French people there culture is one of the most interesting one out there. For example; the best types of food they make are bread, Foie gras, cheese, olives, grapes. Thats what France is recognized for in Europe, next to having great food and wine, France is one of the countries that has allot of historical places. For example they have allot of medieval castles and houses that are still around. Those are the main attraction people go to when they visit france. Plus most of the castles have grape gardens because allot of them have wine stores at the castle. That label their wine as the castles their name. and of course we cannot forget the louvre and the eiffel tower, Notre Dames de Paris and Arc de Triomphe. I would say France is defiantly a country you would enjoy spending your vacation or even live. But in my opinion i enjoy going on vacation to Saint Tropez, although it is pretty expensive, it is deffinatly worth going to France and experiencing the culture of france i would say it would be life changing and make you interested into different cultures that are in the world. Bastide du Calavon is great place to spend your vaction its about 7800-23000 euros. To get a flight depends on which season you would go but it mostly ranges from 1000-3000 euros. I hope this information and my experience made you interested.


1 comment:

  1. Jordi,

    After reading your description of your dream vacation I myself may have to take a trip there myself. The pictures and descriptions you put in you blog were very good and interesting. Just looking at the pictures I could imagine myself being there with no cars or anyone else around, just complete silence and the beautiful landscape. I would love to be able to try the French food you talk about. I’m sure that the bread is some of the best in the world like you said. I would also love to go see the medieval castles that are still standing. I think that would be very interesting t go see the different types of architecture and set-ups to those historical sites. I can now see why you and your family went there three summers in a row. It truly seems like a special place and somewhere that you would want to spend a lot of your time.

    ReplyDelete