Friday, September 14, 2012

Alyssa Plouff


My name is Alyssa Plouff, however everyone calls me Alie. I am a freshman at Nichols College. I am from Cumberland, Rhode Island, about an hour from school. My major is currently general Business, however I will probably change it to something more specific. Lacrosse is my favorite sport, which is why I can't wait to play at Nichols. Of course, I also love music. Dave Mathews Band is one of my favorites and the release of his new album was very exciting. Another hobby of mine is shopping, which is why I worked in retail for a short period time. I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren at the Wrentham Outlets in a town near mine. I quit that job though because working there was a nightmare and I hated it. Traveling is also something I enjoy doing. My favorite trip so far was Paris and Normandy in France. We saw various monuments and had dinner on top of the Eiffel Tower. Summer is by far my favorite season. This summer I went to the beach quite often and went to concerts. The concerts I attended were Dave Mathews, Rascal Flatts, Jimmy Buffet, Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, and Country Fest. My favorite concert was Country Fest because the artists; Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and Jake Owen are all favorites of mine. 








From this course I would like to become more tech-savvy, considering everything seems to be technology based. I would also like to become better at using excel and creating web pages, just in case I open a business of my own in the future.












A blog that interest me is a one that discusses traveling throughout the nation. Despite the weird blog name, "Peanut Butter Fingers" it was very knowledgeable about all different types of travel. It is a very interesting website because it also had various other categories of blogs like recipes and fashion. This type of blog can attract all types of people because it has all different categories and each one has an abundance of information and stories. The blog’s writer, Julie is only 27. Her young age makes it more attractive for the young adult crowd because it is about topics that are relatable to people my age and older.


(P.S. I am not sure why my font changed to such a large size in the earlier text..)

No comments:

Post a Comment