Sunday, September 16, 2012

My name is Joe Munsey, and I am student here at Nichols College, in Dudley Massachusetts.  I play tennis for the school and am a major in Psychology.  I am from Arlington Massachusetts, just about an hour east of Dudley.  I went to Minuteman high school in lexington, which was a technical school.  I studied electrical wiring and am working towards becoming a journeyman electrician.  In high school I was a three sport athlete, I was a strange combination of football, wrestling, and tennis.  Football and tennis may go together, but it was the tennis that tended to throw people off.  I came to Nichols for two main reasons.  One was to play tennis, and the other reason was to study criminal justice.  My dream in life was always one thing, be a United States Marine.  When I was 11, I was diagnosed with epilepsy after I had an unexplained Gran Mal seizure.  Being diagnosed with epilepsy cut my dream of becoming a Marine short.  I figured being on the police force would be the next best thing if I couldn't serve my country the way I wanted to.  However, when I arrived here and started taking a few psychology classes I found it very interesting.  I decided that I was going to change majors to psychology because I already think I have a very good sense in this topic.  Many people have told me that I am one of the best people to talk to when they need advice, when they need motivation, or when they just need help getting through anything.  I have also been told that I am very good at reading people.  Even if I have only known somebody for five minutes I can determine their outlook on life, what upsets them, and what mood they are currently in and why.  I believe all of these factors say a lot about me and that psychology would really be the best thing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment