Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chelsey Mahoney


Hi my name is Chelsey Mahoney, and I’m a freshman here at Nichols. I’m from a small town called Dracut just about a half hour outside Boston. I’m planning on majoring in sports management, and a minor in event planning. My dream job would be, to be an event planner for a professional sports team. Sports are defiantly my thing; I basically played soccer and basketball my whole life. I originally came here to play basketball, but watching the Women Soccer USA team take the gold at the London Olympics defiantly made me realize I’m going to miss playing soccer way too much.  I asked the soccer coach to play this year, and he was more than welcoming to have me on the team.  Playing two sports in college is going to be a challenge no doubt, but it’s all about balancing school work, sports, and my social life. Outside of school and sports, I absolutely love country music. I tell everyone I’m a southern girl at heart, and that I was meant to live in Nashville. Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney are my favorite; I could listen to their music every day without getting sick of it. Here is a picture of my sister and I at the Brothers of the Sun tour this summer.


This was my second Kenny Chesney concert, at Gillette Stadium, in Foxboro MA, and it was even better than last one. The concert was not only special to me, but to Kenny and Tim McGraw as well seeing it was the closing concert to their tour. Tim McGraw’s wife Faith Hill came out, and they sang a duet together, it was adorable. Here is a link to a cool website that allows you to watch some clips from the Brothers of the Sun Tour, and listen to some great country music http://kennychesney.com/exclusives/.  Now onto my girl TSwift, most people say “she doesn’t even sing country music” or “she can’t sing”, I hear it all, but to me and millions of other dedicated fans she’s so much more then all her music. She’s like a therapist to so many girls; whatever you’re going through just listen to Tay, that girl will get you through anything.  The blog I’m going to post is on www.taylorswift.com and the link to the blog is http://taylorswift.com/blogs it’s a pretty interesting blog people go to, and it allows you to write about problems, ideas, and basically say whatever is on your mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsey, I really like your blog! I too am a fan of country music and specifically Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney, and I attended the Brothers of the Sun tour this summer. I really liked the link you posted for clips of the tour, it brings back memories! Also, is it hard balancing sports and school work so far? I hope you can be successful with being involved with 2 sports while balancing school and a social life, I know it must be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey whats up chelsey! So im really diggin' the whole Kenny Chesney theme. I love country music and Kenny Chesney and Luke Bryan are by far my two favorite. I wanted to go see Kenny in concert at Gillette to but unfortunately I havent got the chance yet to see him but I have seen Rascal Flatts and that was awsome! I am as well playing two sports here! well im only playing tennis, but its spring and fall so that is two seasons there. Im hoping to manage dealing with sports and school work, gunna definately be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete