Friday, September 14, 2012


I’m Joseph Fowkes and my past work experience was at a beach, which I still currently work at in the summer. In the summer, I work in York Beach, Maine at Bob’s Float Stand renting out rafts, umbrellas, and chairs. I work about three to four days a week. I have been working there since six grade. I’m a freshman at Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts.  My major is Criminal Justice, I chose Criminal Justice because I either want to be a police officer or a private investigator. My hobbies are playing hockey, hanging out with friends after school, going the beach, traveling, having bonfires in the summer, and driving around. I also like to go to Boston and big cities.
I hope to gain more information on Digital Applications. By the end of the semester I want to have the knowledge to be able to help another person with their paper in this course regardless of what school they go to.  I also hope that I will gain the experience to be able to do a blog without needing help. I want to learn more about Microsoft Word and how to use certain things within it. I also want to learn more about Excel then I already know. I want to learn how to fix technology when it breaks down, for example if a computer freezes I want to know to fix it on the spot.
My blog that I read is about James Holmes. It says James is a twenty four year old man who killed twelve people and injured fifty-eight people in a movie theater out in Colorado. The Police have said that Holmes began buying guns at Denver-area stores nearly two months before Friday's shooting and that he received at least 50 packages in four months at his home and at school. This is according to NBC New York. Officials at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus were looking into whether Holmes used his position in a graduate program to collect hazardous materials. The school officials never said whether they knew he was up to anything suspicious. All they knew is that James Holmes was a hard-working student at there university. This blog interest me because of the reason that no gun company’s or police stations question what he was doing with all the guns he received.



2 comments:

  1. Joe,
    What position do you play in Hockey? I love to watch hockey games especially the Boston Bruins. You mentioned that one of your hobbies is traveling. Where have you traveled to? What was your favorite destination and what are the reasons for it being your favorite? I noticed that you related your blog along the lines of what you are majoring in. I think that it was clever because it shows your passionate about actually being a cop or private investigator which ever you choose. As for the James Holmes case I would agree with you as to why no authority questioned his gun possession. If someone is getting that many packages throughout four months I think that should be their main concern due to his quantity and an overall red flag. What do you think the police/authority should have or could have done differently to asses the situation?

    ReplyDelete