Monday, September 10, 2012


Hello my name is Colin Whitney from Longmeaow MA. I am currently a freshman at Nichols College with a major in marketing and a minor in accounting. Here at Nichols I am apart of the men's Golf team. Our team had our first tournament last weekend where we placed 5th out of 12 teams. In high school I was a member of the Varsity Golf, Basketball, and Lacrosse team. When I wasn't on the playing field or in school I was on the tennis court teaching. For the past three summers I have worked as a tennis instructor for the town of Longmeadow, teaching children the fundamentals of the game. Although I do not play tennis for a team I enjoy playing just for fun, which is also true with just about any sport. My favorite professional sports teams to watch are the Celtics, Patriots, and the Bruins. So as you can see my life revolves around sports.

This semester in Digital Applications I hope to further my skills in using different computer programs. I would like to learn about ways the computer can help me in the professional and personal workplace. Personally I am not very good with computers and using all the programs they have to offer. I hope that this course can assist me with that, so when a project or presentation is assigned to me in school or later on in life I will be able to get in done with the skills learned from this class.



The blog I posted below is about President Obama and how he is paying tribute to the men and women lost on September 11, 2001. The president has been preparing meals with his family in the DC Central kitchen for those in need. He is trying to send the message that remembering this tragedy can only bring us closer together as a nation. This is a credible blog because it is updated on a daily basis and the information is coming directly from the White House. This blog interests me because I think it is great that Obama is taking the time to help out the community and do volunteer work. This is a great example as to why our nation is as strong as it is today.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog

























2 comments:

  1. Hi COLIN!

    I'm Jessica Dobbins I am also a freshmen at Nichols. I loved reading your blog! It was so interesting to read about how much of a good golf player you are. I am so happy for you and hope you do amazing this season. Do you golf everyday? what is your record? How many people are on your team? I also worked at a summer camp and I helped kids learn different sports too. Did you like working with the kids? Hope they were nice to you. I also loved reading about the blog you found, although reading about september 11th was very sad, it was a good blog to find. Hope you do great in all your classes this year!

    - Jessica Dobbins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colin. That’s cool you are on the golf team. I played golf when I was younger but kind of stopped because it was too expensive to go all the time. Also it was hard to go as much when hockey started taking up more and more of my time. I also like the Celtics and Patriots. Not a big Bruins fan though. Sports are pretty much the only thing I will watch on tv. I think it is really cool that you help teach kids how to play tennis. I like to do the same thing with hockey. I think it is really fun to help kids learn to skate and play the game. I am not very good with computers and I also hope to get better at using them. My hope is by the end of the semester I will be able to use computers well enough to do any assignment I might get in the next four years.

    ReplyDelete