Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Name Is Casey :)

 
Hey guys! As the title suggests, my name is Casey Frank and I am a freshman here at Nichols. I've moved around my whole life and as a result I have attended 11 different schools (before college) across 4 U.S. states and one province in Australia. I have two sisters, one older and one younger, whom I love dearly. My parents, my sisters and I are all very close and we're more like a big group of goofy friends than anything else.
 



I have many pass-times and hobbies that include spaztically dancing in my kitchen while cooking something undoubtedly delicious, epic-failing at playing my electric guitar, knife throwing (tons of fun), shooting my air pistol (also very very fun) singing, and taking many many photos as I am very much into photography and editing my photos. By the end of this blog it should be obvious because I will have posted many pictures... :P
 
As I alluded to above, I lived in Australia for just over a year. My dad accepted this once-on-a-lifetime opportunity and I am SO glad he did. Living in a foreign country was so eye-opening to me and it sparked my already 'gasoline-soaked' desire to travel. I love foreign culture. I love foreign languages and foods and I love to learn about the different ways people live their lives around the world. Many people ask me if I liked it in Australia and I always tell them that I absolutely loved it there and that I would recommend it as a travel destination to anyone.

 (Pictured above is the world famous rock formation the
"Twelve Apostles" alongside the Great Ocean Road)
 
I am a photographer at heart and I love to take pictures and then edit them. Often times I take pictures of myself in an attempt to be artistic and express myself differently than I might usually (example: bottom left picture and bottom right picture in the collage pictured to your left).
 
 
 




I also love to take portraits and candids of other people. I love nature shots as well and tend to gravitate towards trees and plants as well as landscaped as my subjects. I am also very very partial to macro photography. I love getting up close to things and capturing the intricate details of a flower or raindrops on overlapping blades of grass.

In accordance to my love of photography and all things foreign, the blog I chose is an international art, design and photography blog by Jeannie Huang. The two subjects in particular that stood out to me were the Levitating Girl photography post and the Underwater Ink Plumes and Alice in Wonderland Photography posts. I love both mid-air and underwater shots so these particularly interested me and I figured I would share because the photos are so unique and beautiful. :)
 
Alright that's enough for now. If you ever want to know more about me or just ask questions about where I have lived and what it was like, feel free to ask me in person or via Facebook (Casey Frank :) ) or email attackofthecurls@yahoo.com.
 
-Casey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment