Friday, September 14, 2012

Jessica Dobbins


I am Jessica Dobbins and I'm from St. James, New York. I am a freshman at Nichols College and will be majoring in Human Resources and minoring in Psychology. I got this idea from a club in my high school where I competed for a competition in the field of Human Resources. I come from a very close family, where my older sister's Danielle and Christina are my best friends. I don't know what I would do without them, they are like a second mother to me. My family and my friends mean the world to me and they will always come first. 


 For the past year I have been working at Sertinos Café in my hometown. I did many roles I was a cashier, sandwich maker and a barista. I was promoted to a Team Leader which is an assistant manager. I love working and get great joy out of it. I actually enjoyed going to work every day. The people I work with for the past year have become part of my family. In high school I was very involved in a club called DECA, I was an officer in this club for two years. I cannot begin to describe how much I have learned from this club. The things I learned I couldn't just learn in the classroom, its real life experiences that has made me who i am today. 
I hope to gain computer skills that I can use both in and out of the classroom. I am very good with computers but I never use everything that the computers have to offer. Now a day you can use the computer for pretty much anything. I hope the skills I learn in this class can help me with other classes. 
I love reading the style because it keeps me update on my favorite fashions and whats new and in. I love going shopping and I love having the newest clothes and this keeps me update. I like how it has pictures as well so I can actually see cute outfits and i want to buy it. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica I’m Kassie. I’m a psych major but I was also thinking about double majoring with human resources! I completely connect with you on the family part. My siblings are my best friends and I go to my brothers with everything. I love having a close family where we can talk about anything together. How far apart in age are you and your sisters?
    I also had a really satisfying job back at home. I worked at a Cupcake place and loved the environment and my coworkers. I enjoyed going into work and at the end of the summer when I had to say goodbye it was really sad. Do you plan to work there on breaks? I admire that you stayed with a club that long; I never really got into anything in high school and really wish I did.
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and we seem to have a lot of the same interests! Good luck this semester.

    ReplyDelete