Monday, September 10, 2012

My name is Patrick Salkind, and I am a freshman from Springfield, Virginia.  I graduated high school two years ago, and have been playing hockey in Canada and Maine since then.  I am just now picking up classes again, and am a marketing major.   Back home, I work as a hockey coach at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as well as give private lessons to goalies.  I live in Budleigh, and wish I lived in a dorm with more going on. Also I have four classes with Cody, pictured below.

I am hoping to learn how to post videos on youtube, as well as learn how to make a webpage.  I don't know very much about computers, so this is an opportunity for me to improve on that. Also, I want to be able to voice my opinions with others in a way other than facebook or twitter.

The blog that I would enjoy being a part of is the Washington Capitals blog in the Washington Post.  This site gives credible information given by Washington Post reporters.  Being a Capitals fan, I would love to hear about what other fans might have to say about what is going on in the organization.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,
    I find it very cool that you have been playing hockey in Canada and Maine for the past few years. I can imagine there was some good competition up there in Canada. Like you I am also a marketing major. My older sisters job is in the marketing department at Vista print and I know that she loves that area of work. I also like the point you made about using other ways to get your opinions out besides the popular social networks. In today’s society it seems people are always on their electronic devices, we are starting to drift further and further away from face to face contact, which isn’t a god thing. I’m not however a Capitals fan I am a Bruins fan and after the Capitals knocked the Bruins out of the playoffs last year I don’t think I can ever like them. However I agree that being apart of a sports blog would be cool because of all the talk and debates that go on those blogs.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Patrick,

    I’m a hockey player just like yourself; I was wondering what league in Canada you played in? Also what league did you play in Maine? If you could play one more year of juniors but you had to pick between the two of them to play one, whom would you pick? Also what made you a fan of the Washington capitals? Do you have more than one team you like in the National Hockey League? I find it very cool that you’re really into hockey and do goalie camps. I was also wondering what position you are in Hockey. Can you play more than one position? I played juniors in New Hampshire; my team was in the IJHL. What do you know about computers? Also if you want to upload videos to youtube, you have to make an account with them. Who is Cody? Is he your roommate? Is he going to play baseball for school?

    ReplyDelete