Sunday, September 16, 2012


       My name is Andrelis Cristancho and I am 17 years old. I am from Caracas-Venezuela and my first language is Spanish. I did my junior and my senior year in IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fl. I am a freshmen majoring in Clinical Psychology. My favorite hobbies are playing soccer, going shopping, yoga, creating beats; specially dubstep genre, traveling, painting, and experiencing new things in life. I love learning new things in life.

        


 I hope this course will prepare me as a student to use a variety of hardware and software to develop technology-based communication skills needed for personal and professional activities, as it is describe in the Digital Application syllabus. Also I would like to learn more about programs such as excel, power point, editing photos, searching the web in a faster way etc.     



 


The blog I chose is called Tumblr. Tumblr is a social networking website, that is owned by Tumblr, Inc. This website allows users to share with the world any content they would like to post. Tumblr allow users to choose if they want their blog to be public or private. Users can post any type of information they want to share, such as; pictures, videos, essays, etc.      Tumblr is a very credible website because most of the times you know the person who is posting and most of the posts are very credible, since this website is more about sharing people’s personal thoughts rather than just posting real news, in other words; there is never a wrong answer for any post if you just share your opinion and let people stay with there’s. Actually there are tumblr websites that post things about one specific topic; such as; art, fashion, music, specific brands, tattoos, or any other topic that the person is interested in. I have being a tumblr user for almost 3 years and I love it. It interests me because I am really into fashion, music, and art, so I like reading what other people know about it. Also, there are users that share the latest fashions trends, others that share paintings about my favorite artists, and you can follow just about any user that feel good with sharing his/her opinions with anyone. There are millions of users that are willing to share their artwork or their own music and I think that is very cool. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrelis!
    First of all, I think your nae is very pretty, and it's so cool that you're from a foreign country! How do you like America?
    I agree with you though; Tumblr is really great! I don't have an account yet but my friends have been telling me I should get one so I think I will eventually. :) I love your picture by the way, very cute. I hope to learn more about how to better use Microsoft Excel as well. I have absolutely no idea how to use it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrelis,

    I find it really interesting and neat that your first language is Spanish. I always think its nice knowing that there someone else who is foreign in your class. When did you first come to America and what made you choose Nichols College? Me personally have never used Tumblr but it always looked interesting I just never had the time to make an account. It makes sense for you to use it seeing as how you love fashion and Tubmblr is an easy way to see new things on there. Also, using excel is very complicated so its a learning process for everyone.

    ReplyDelete