Monday, September 17, 2012


Hi my name is Jordi van Gaal, I was born on december 25/1992. I live in Belgium and my hometown is Bonheiden. Currently i am attending Nichols College as a freshmen. I live in Shamie hall room 340, at the moment my roommate moved out, so i got the room to myself what is actually pretty awesome. Every day i have 8am classes what kind of sucks because i like to sleep in till 9 or 10 am. But if you look at it from the positive side I'm always done before the afternoon. what helps me allot because than i have time to do my homework all afternoon. My major is international business. Here at Nichols College i got recruited to play for the ice hockey team. I started to play hockey since i was 3 years, ever since than i fell in love with the game and i still am. It is a time to escape from the world and not have to worry about anything else. But its not only that the passion us hockey players have for the game is greater than any other athletes have for their sport. An example would be the NHL playoffs thats the moment you can tell how much hockey players love to play the game. While growing up my idol was Martin Brodeur but when i grew older i started to love Jonathan Quick style and so he became my new idol.


My hobbies are snowboarding and driving quads.
I enjoy these two hobbies because they both involve speediness. Not only that but the adrenaline kick i get during it is always fun for me. what makes me never want to stop doing these two hobbies.

I hope this ITM course will teach me how to work professionally with media. I want to bring professional presentations to class and work. So that people will be impressed with the skill i can provide for companies and myself.

This article is about the NHL lockout, the reason why it interests me is because since i grew up with hockey. Hockey isn't just a sport for me its a lifestyle. Other hockey players understand why hockey means so much to us. I cant imagine a year without NHL hockey. I believe if the lockout will happen and it will mess with the balance of earth. Now you know a little bit more about me. if you have more questions for me or about me just send me a email. Go Bisons!!!


1 comment:

  1. I honestly thought you were kidding in class when you said you were from Belgium because you seemed like the joking type. I was wrong! I think it's very cool that you're from a different country and that you are studying here. How long have you been speaking English? Is it ever hard for you to explain yourself in English?
    I also think it would be weird to not have hockey around for a whole year. I don't play and I'm not passionate about it at all, but I'm used to seeing it on t.v. and I'm used to the culture of hockey in Boston because the Bruins is a much loved team.

    ReplyDelete