Wednesday, September 12, 2012


My name is Ryan Thompson. I am a freshman at Nichols College. I am majoring in sports management. I got recruited to play hockey here and committed to come here in January of this year. I am from Palmdale, California. I am 21 years old. When I was 17 I moved to Montana at the beginning of my senior year of high school to play junior hockey for the Butte Roughriders. My second year playing there I was traded to the Missoula Maulers. Then my third year of juniors I was traded again, this time to the Billings Bulls. All three teams are based out of Montana and are in the same league. This past season our team made it to the national tournament in Rochester, Minnesota and placed third in the nation. The only work experience I have was I worked at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California. When I’m not playing hockey I like to play golf. Also I like to watch sports. I will watch pretty much any sport. I like pretty much every type of music but my favorite type would probably be country. In this course I hope to learn how to use computers better. I am not very good with computers or really any type of technology. This is the first time I have ever used a blog. I never had a myspace and still don’t have a twitter. I do have a facebook but I hardly ever go on it. I think learning how to use these thing along with other functions on a computer and internet will really help me throughout college. The blog I choose to post about is http://www.talkingchop.com/ . It is a blog about the Atlanta Braves, my favorite baseball team. On the blog it has fan posts and fan shots where fans can post picture and videos. It also has the Atlanta Braves official roster, schedule, stats, and a link to buy tickets. It also contains articles about the Braves and interviews with players, managers, and management. This blog is the most popular blog about the Atlanta Braves.  

1 comment:

  1. You moved out to Montana at the age of 17? That must have been a huge change for you coming from California, well depending on which part you come from. What was that like for you?

    ReplyDelete