Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blog #3 Kristen Connery


Did anyone as a child ever have a lemonade stand? Well I did, because there's nothing better than fresh, cold, lemonade on a hot summer day. I would get up early in the morning to start making it, chill it for hours and sit out and wait for my neighbors to come buy a glass of lemonade from me for 25 cents. I love lemonade from scratch, its the only way to go. However, some people think its difficult to make, but I have have a method of making it that's much more simple than you'd think.




          Here is what you need:


  • 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup lemon juice - juice of 4 to 6 lemons
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 3 to 4 cups cold water


First, you dissolve the 3/4 cup of sugar into boiling water. Next, in a serving pitcher, you mix the dissolved mixture with 1 cup lemon juice, and 3-4 cups of cold water. Finally you refrigerate for about an hour, and that's it! You've got yourself homemade lemonade to help quench your thirst.

Lemonade is great on any occasion and everyone seems to love it. You could make this for a cookout, graduation party, pool party, any type of 'get together' at really any time of the year. Lemonade is always a hit at my family parties, and it the first beverage to be all gone.

If you would like to make lemonade from scratch on your own and need some assistance, than click here for an instructional video.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen thanks for those helpful tips on making fresh lemonade. I too have setup a lemonade stand when I was little. My older sister and I set up a table and chairs at the top of my street and sold a cup for 25 cents each, sadly I don’t recall making a large profit from it. Lemonade from scratch is definitely the best there is. I was never the one to make it, but watching my mother make it and drinking it after is a childhood memory of mine. After a long summer day outside it was the best coming home to a large ice-cold glass of her lemonade sitting on the table for me. Lemonade is a hit around my family parties as well. I like how you added the instructional video at the end. I know if I was ever going to make it from scratch these tips would help me out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These seem like some really good tips on how to make lemonade and i bet it taste better than the way i do it, by mixing lemonade mix with water. i remember when me and my friends had a lemonade stand... we charged a dollar a cup and turned it into a snack bar. lemonade is probably my favorite drink! Im definitely going to use this method the next time i make lemonade. Thanks for the helpful tip Kristen!

    ReplyDelete