Sunday, October 14, 2012

Golf


My favorite sport to play is Golf. I have been playing since I was 5 years old. Not only did I start playing golf at a young age, but also I started watching it on TV. Watching Tiger Woods growing up made me want to play more and more. He was truly an inspiration to me. The first time I played I loved it and couldn’t wait to keep playing. I grew up playing with my father on summer nights and throughout the fall. He was the one to buy me my first set of clubs and he was also the one who taught me how to play. As I got older I started to play competitively in junior tournaments around New England. I traveled all over the place. Instead of spending my summer at home riding bikes around the neighborhood like most kids did, I was playing the game I loved trying to make myself a better player. I will never forget the countless hotels I stayed in and all the room service calls. As the years went on the tournaments started to get more competitive and I traveled farther distances to play. Those junior tournaments will be some of my greatest memories. The feeling of winning a tournament was the best feeling to me, and I wanted to continue competitive play in high school.

During my four years at Longmeadow high school I was a member of the varsity team. As a freshman I was the number one player on the team. All four years our team made it to the state finals and we were Western Mass champions two of the four years. Another great accomplishment was being captain of the golf team my senior year. It was a great feeling being the leader of the team and playing in the number one spot that year. Currently I am a member of the Nichols Golf Team. As a freshman I have been playing in the number one spot on the team. Our team has been doing well, coming in the top 5 of a few tournaments we have played in. The next two weekends we are traveling to New Hampshire and then Cape Cod to finish off our fall campaign. The game of golf has taught me so much over the years. Being apart of a golf team has been some of the best times I’ve ever had. I’m looking forward to the next few years playing competitively and being on the Nichols Golf team.

Above is my favorite Tiger Woods moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment