Sunday, October 14, 2012

Reebok Premier 4 Review

The Reebok Premier 4 goalie pads are some of the newest gear on the hockey market.  Although the gear costs upwards of $2,000, it is well worth it.  The pads are top of the line, and provide the player with comfort and protection.  Unlike most gear, the Reebok's allow the goalie to customize almost anything with the pad.  A player has the ability to change anything from the color of the pads, to the size, to the way the straps on the back of the pad work.

I just bought a pair of these pads, and so far they are incredible.  Since I could get custom pads, they fit my legs perfectly, and allow me to move the same way that I did in my older Reebok pads.  According to Alex Lewis, pad expert from bestcovery, the Premier 4's are made to make recovery from the ice easy, shut down holes well, as well as last through a ton of wear and tear.

Numerous professional goalies also wear this style of pad, including Nikolai Khabibulin, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Roberto Luongo, who briefly discusses the Premier 4's that he owns.  Roberto Luongo, who has started in the NHL for both the Vancouver Canucks and the Florida Panthers, talks about how the pads allow him to move the way he wants to, and how he can adjust his pads to the way he plays.  The pads match his style of play, and do a tremendous job to close holes and control rebounds to where he wants them to go.

The Premier 4's are the best pads out on the market.  I would suggest that any goalie no matter what their age, should invest in Reebok, because they make pads that are built to improve your game, and last for the long run.  It may seem like too much to spend on gear, but compared to other companies Reeboks give the customer the best bang for their buck.

1 comment:


  1. The Reebok premier 4s seem like great goalie pads. That is pretty awesome how you can customize any part of the pad. 2000 dollars is pretty expensive though. As a forward I am not sure if I like the fact that they close holes, and help you recover after a save. Another thing that stood out to me about these pads was that they have such great durability. I guess if you are going to spend 2000 dollars on them they had better last a long time. At least if you are paying that much you can customize them and are getting a great value. I also really liked the video you posted. I found it very interesting to hear how the difference in the individual goalie’s style could change how they like there pads to be. Playing hockey for so many years I had never heard that before and I found that video very informative.

    ReplyDelete