Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blog #3


How to tie a tie
            Hey guys I know some of you out there don’t know how to tie a tie. Tying a tie is one of the most important and easiest things to do in your life. Okay maybe its not the easiest things but it is pretty important. It is so important to know how to tie a tie because there are going to be special occasions in your life that will require you to wear a tie. Wearing a tie also makes a person look professional especially if the person knows how to tie a tie well. There are two big ways you can mess up while tying a tie one is tying the tie way to long and have the tie hanging way below your belt and the other is making the knot too small and the tie just does not look good.
So I will be teaching you to tie a tie correctly.
           
            Steps to tying a tie:
Step 1: Start with the wide end of your tie on the right about 12 inches below the skinny end.

Step 2: Cross the wide end over the skinny end

Step 3:  Turn the wide end back underneath the skinny end.

Step 4: Bring the wide end back over in front of the skinny end again.

Step 5: Pull the wide end up and through the loop around your neck.

Step 6: Hold the front of the knot loosely with your index finger and bring the wide end down through the front loop.

Step 7: Remove your finger and tighten the knot carefully to the collar by holding the narrow end and sliding the knot up.

Here is a video fort hose of you who do not completely understand the steps.

There you have that is how you tie a Four in Hand knot, one of the most simplest ways to tie a tie. Find different types of knots and ways of tying your ties on http://www.tie-a-tie.net/.

2 comments:

  1. Hey William,
    Thanks to you I am now able to tie a tie! Last year for prom I took over an hour to try to tie my boyfriend’s tie because it was so difficult. My boyfriend even had a hard time trying to even tie his own tie. It was so funny. Now with the tips that you have shared with me will help me next time that I have to go to some special occasion with my boyfriend, I will be able to tie his tie. Watching the video on how to tie the tie was very helpful because it went step by step just like your explanation. Even though girls do not think it is important to learn how to tie a tie, I feel like it is because in the future I feel like I will have to teach my son or daughters boyfriend on how to tie a tie.
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi William,
    I found your post really helpful! even though I don't plan on wearing a tie anytime soon, I think its important for everyone to know how to tie one. My family has asked me before to help them out, and I usually just mess it up and the knot looks all wrong. I read an issue in cosmo that taught girls the step by step guide to but the you-tube video you posted works so much better! being able to see it while your doing it and instead of reading it is a big help. I think its important for girls to be able to tie a tie for their family members, boyfriends, husbands, or kids in the future. You never know, maybe they don't know how to themselves! Its very important for guys so they can look professional like you said. Your post was really helpful, thanks for sharing!
    Kassie

    ReplyDelete