Sunday, October 28, 2012

Whitening your teeth




                                                   Blog # 3

WHITENING YOUR TEETH
EASIER, CHEAPER AND FASTER!!

Your teeth are the first thing that most people notice, so of course you want a nice bright smile. Whitening your teeth can be costly, inconvenient and sometimes painful. I am here to give you tips on an inexpensive, painless, at home remedy that will help whiten your teeth within just a few weeks.
Forget visiting Brittleness Salons. Not only will you spend 500.00 dollars but you will also have to sit for 30 minutes with uncomfortable goo all over your teeth.
Sometimes you even have soreness from the gel that is used .
The easiest and cheapest way to whiten your teeth is probably right in your own medicine cabinet at home. I rinse daily with hydrogen peroxide. Yes, the same stuff that you put on scrapes and cuts! I put one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in my mouth and swish around for a minute or two. After spitting out, I follow with a water rinse. The results may take a little bit longer than a few office visits, but your wallet will be a whole lot happier. For some, straight hydrogen peroxide may cause some sensitivity. In that case you can start with swishing equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water mixed. Eventually you will build up a tolerance like myself and rinse undiluted. Some say, using hydrogen peroxide can destroy the tooth enamel, but that is not true per the Journal of the American Dental Association (April 2010, Vol 141:4 ,pp 449-454). According to the article, researchers from the University of Trieste found that using 38 percent of hydrogen peroxide used in office visits does not alter enamel surface even in multiple applications. This is why I am not concerned with my method. There are other cheap methods of helping your smile be brighter. Dr Oz claims good dental hygiene and brushing with pure baking soda also helps with whiter teeth!
Visit www.doctoroz.com for some of his other tips on keeping your smile bright.
I hope my blog will help someone out there whowants a brighter whiter smile without having to break the bank!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that hydrogen peroxide was used for whitening teeth. I have always had to go out and buy a specialty tooth paste to whiten teeth, or just go out and by the strips. Usually, the strips cost me a lot of money, so I have been trying to avoid a way of doing so. I probably would not want to use the hydrogen peroxide though, just because I feel like that may not taste great. Furthermore, since I do have sensitive teeth, it would make more sense for me to probably stray away from that method of whitening my teeth. I have heard from people though that baking soda does in fact work. Also, since baking soda is very inexpensive, I feel like I might actually try to use that. I know though that a lot of tooth pastes are fairly inexpensive, and do a pretty good job of whitening teeth. For example, Crest 3-D White does a very good job, and is pretty inexpensive for the tube.

    Thanks for the tips, hopefully this proves to be a less costly and more efficient way to whiten my teeth. i was getting tired of having to go out and buy whitening strips!

    ReplyDelete